Bluehost Discount Makes them Cheaper
Although Bluehost coupon codes can be hard to find, we’ve managed to hook up a special discount link for you should you decide on them after this “Hostgator vs Bluehost review“. The standard Bluehost package is usually charged at $6.95 per month, but you can get it at $5.95 per month through this link: Bluehost Discount.
Compared to a similar package on Hostgator with a Hostgator Coupon, Bluehost is literally $0.01 cheaper through our site. Although there’s still the question of which web host is better, Bluehost or Hostgator? This is a tough question since both web hosting providers are similar in many ways.
Both Bluehost and Hostgator have the following:
- Unlimited Domains (except for Hostgator’s “Hatchling” package)
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Free Site Builders
- Free Website Templates
- cPanel Platform
- Top class 24/7 Customer Support
Is Bluehost better than Hostgator?
It’s really hard to say to be honest. Both Hostgator and Bluehost are top quality web hosting providers in nearly every aspect, so let’s see if we can break things down a bit in this Bluehost Review and mention the most important factors.
- Customer Support: These are the 2 web hosts which both have great customer service, although I’d say from my experience that Hostgator has a slight edge over Bluehost when it comes to customer satisfaction. Bluehost support requires you to be a bit more knowledgeable, where Hostgator support is a bit more newbie-friendly and will go the extra mile.
- Pricing: The pricing is very similar for shared hosting, but looking at Bluehost’s “Pro” package which is basically VPS hosting, -priced at $19.95 through our page, Hostgator beats them with a low $15.96 per month.
- Website Loading Speed: Another very close call. After comparing 2 very similar sites on each hosting account, Bluehost servers have an average page loading time of 1-3 seconds, whereas Hostgator is between 2-3 seconds. Points for Bluehost here.
- Website Downtime: With Bluehost we’ve had 2 very short downtimes over the past year which is not bad at all. However, we’ve only had a 20-30 minute downtime over the past year with Hostgator, so they win by a fraction.
- Bonus Advertising Credits: Bluehost gives you $75 Google Adwords Credit and Hostgator gives $100 credit (U.S. Only). Hostgator wins by $25.
- Packages: Bluehost only has 2 packages to choose from, standard and Pro, whereas Hostgator’s got your every web hosting need covered with a wide range of packages to choose from.
Bluehost Review – Conclusion
Regardless of all comparisons, Bluehost is a fantastic web host and the reviews speak for themselves. You can’t go wrong with these guys. Bluehost is by far our second favorite web hosting provider out of the lot. Lightning fast loading speed and excellent customer support, you simply can’t go wrong with Bluehost!
- Excellent Customer Support
- cPanel Platform
- Lightning Page Load Times
- Cloud Servers
- Tons of Free Tools
- Well, none.